Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Bachelor of Engineering, Computer Science
September 2018 — June 2022 (Expected)
First 2.5 years GPA: 93.99 / 100 (Rank: 1 / 154)
- Full-score (100/100) courses
- CS154: C++ Programming Language (Fall 2018)
- CS149: Data Structure (Spring 2019)
- MS125: Principle and Practice of Computer Algorithms (Summer 2019)
- CS241: Principles and Practice of Problem Solving (Fall 2019) [final project + presentation]
- CS307: Operating System (Spring 2020)
- CS356: Operating System Projects (Spring 2020) [final project + presentation]
- CS145: Computer Architecture Experiments (Spring 2020) [final project + report]
- Other A+ courses
- (95/100) CS359: Computer Architecture (Spring 2020)
- (96/100) EI209: Computer Organization (Spring 2020)
- (96/100) CS339: Computer Networks (Fall 2020)
- (95/100) CS236: Cloud Computing (Fall 2020)
- (99/100) CS410: Artificial Intelligence (Fall 2020)
- (99/100) CS467: Theory of Computation (Fall 2020)
No.2 High School Attached to East China Normal University
September 2015 — June 2018
TiKV Storage Team R&D Intern
August 2020 — January 2021
I built a key-value storage engine AgateDB.
Inspired by WiscKey paper, AgateDB separates large values
from the LSM tree into a value log. This design leads to a
10x write speedup on large values, compared with the
current storage engine used by TiKV.
AgateDB is a Rust port of BadgerDB.
Open Source Contributions
May 2020 — Now
- Co-leader of Coprocessor SIG, Mentor of TiKV LFX Mentorship
- Migrate the TiKV Coprocessor framework to use TiDB Chunk format (similar to Apache Arrow) during the computation process, as a mentee in Community Bridge mentorship. This is so-called Full Chunk-based Computing project. (May 2020 — July 2020)
- Mentored on Enum/Set support in TiKV project. (September 2020 — December 2020)
- Also check out the blog post by our mentee Xuanwo.
- Co-mentored on Coprocessor Plugin project with Andy Lok. (March 2021 — May 2021)
- Also check out the blog post by our mentee Andreas Zimmerer.
- Develop AgateDB (after my internship in PingCAP)
Shanghai Jiao Tong University Linux User Group
May 2019 — Now
SJTUG, or Shanghai Jiao Tong University Linux User Group, is an open-source community as well as a Linux user group in SJTU.
- Maintainer of SJTUG mirror service (Since May 2019)
- Maintainer of SJTU TeX Templates (Since May 2021)
TA in PPCA Ray-Tracing Project
July 2020 — August 2020
Principle and Practice of Computer Algorithms (PPCA) is a project-oriented course for first-year undergraduates, where they use what they have learned to build a toy application in one month. I mentored 13 students to make a ray-tracer with the Rust programming language.
- Paper Reading on “Lethe: A Tunable Delete-Aware LSM Engine”
- Paper Reading on “FPTree: A Hybrid SCM-DRAM Persistent and Concurrent B-Tree for Storage Class Memory”
Honors and Awards
National Scholarship (Ministry of Education of P.R. China), 2019
I was also qualified for National Scholarship in 2020, but I gave that chance to my classmates. It’s boring to get the same award every year.